Before you hire any Carpet Cleaner
If you are considering hiring West Coast Steam Clean to service your home or office, we invite you to research our company thoroughly to get an idea of how dedicated we are to our job. Extensive information about our company is available on this site, as well as feedback from customers on reliable review sites such as Yelp. We also invite you to give us a call to discuss what we can do for you. Unlike other carpet cleaning businesses that keep certain aspects under wraps, West Coast Steam Clean lays all of its cards on the table for you.
Performing independent research before hiring a carpet cleaning company is crucial. West Coast Steam Clean covers San Diego and the surrounding areas, but if you live outside these areas, we are more than glad to offer you advice and to help you find a quality carpet cleaning company that is close by to your home or office. We will share what elements you need from a carpet cleaning business and how you should research before making a decision on a quality carpet cleaning company outside of the San Diego area to clean your carpets, upholstery, air ducts, dryer vent, and tile with the dedication and outstanding customer service that we practice in our own company.
There are many carpet cleaning companies out there hoping to pass lazy work ethics and out-dated procedures as “quality,” ripping you off in the process. Here are some guidelines on what to look for in a carpet cleaning company:
Is the company certified by the IICRC or an equally reliable organization? If not, they may not have sufficient knowledge/training to do the job.
Does the company upsell unnecessary services when you talk with them on the phone? Some companies will offer services that you do not need.
Compare the quote you get with other quotes from other carpet cleaning companies. If it’s too good to be true (really cheap), that’s a red flag.
There are some stains that can’t be cleaned away fully, and reputable carpet cleaning businesses will let you know this. If you get on the phone with a carpet cleaning company, ask them if they are able to clean every stain.
Test their knowledge: Get a technician from the carpet cleaning company on the phone and ask him/her what they would do to clean a particular stain. Observe suggestions, timing and confidence throughout their response.
Steps in Researching a Carpet Cleaning Business:
1. Check their website for: IICRC certification, environmentally friendly products, customer feedback.
2. Check customer feedback on review sites such as Yelp.
3. Check their website for pictures of their work, and if their van is clearly labeled with proper equipment.
4. Check to see if the company is listed with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
5. Check to see if their products are environmentally friendly – there should be a qualified certification.
6. Request a quote and test their knowledge (ask if they can clean every stain. If the answer is “yes,” then kindly tell them to have a good day).
7. Compare the quote you get with other carpet cleaning companies.