It doesn’t happen often, but when there’s water damage anywhere in your home or office, the problem needs urgent attention, and at West Coast Steam Clean we can handle flood restoration with ease. We’ll give you a free in-home estimate and present you with guaranteed restoration expectations. We can’t work miracles, but we can do the best restoration work that’s humanly possible on any water damage you have.
Our technicians at West Coast Steam Clean are able and ready to respond to any type of water damage that your home or office is suffering from. It is essential that you obtain help to remedy water damage as soon as possible because the damage may become permanent. The staff at West Coast Steam Clean is certified by the IICRC and are well trained and highly experienced to handle water or flood damage.
We have fast-dry techniques to get your home or office up and running as quickly as possible. Our attention to detail is always on point, as we monitor the drying process every day to ensure a thorough and quick drying procedure. In addition, we also use advanced technology, such as detection devices and thermal imaging, to catch details that can’t be seen with the human eye.
In case of water damage emergencies, we have provided you with some tips to take action against the water damage:
- Turn off the water where the leak has occurred to prevent any further damage. Take caution in navigating the slippery area.
- Transfer any items that may be damaged by water to a dry area in your home.
- Attempt to keep water from spreading by blocking water with thick towels until we arrive.
Once one of our technicians gets to your location, we will provide you an estimate on the cost of restoring the damaged areas. We are able to detect hidden moisture with our equipment, saving you potential water damage that may go unnoticed and, in turn, may cause more damage later. The moisture detection procedure can save you money on future water damage. We will then start the water extraction process to stop any further spreading of the water. After the extraction process is complete, we will set-up specially designed, high power drying fans, pointing them in the problem areas for a thorough drying
The Production of Mold:
After a flood, leaky roofs, windows and pipes become the ideal spore-producing environment; however, high levels of moisture and mold are treatable most of the time. Open doorways and windows, and heating and air conditioning systems all invite mold to build in your home or office. Outside mold is also always traveling through the air, attaching to your clothing, shoes, bags, and pets, ultimately ending up indoors. Mold can breed and grow almost anywhere, and can be a danger to your health.
According to the Center to Disease Control, “[A recent study] found sufficient evidence to link exposure to damp indoor environments in general to upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people and with asthma symptoms in people with asthma. People with mold allergies may have more severe reactions. The study also found suggestive evidence linking exposure to damp indoor environments in general to shortness of breath, to respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children and to potential development of asthma in susceptible individuals. If you can see or smell mold, a health risk may be present…No matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it.”
West Coast Steam Clean Mold Clean-up:
- We extract the flood water with our powerful and efficient truck-mounted water-extractors.
- Then, we will introduce desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers to reduce moisture levels and return the air to proper humidity levels. The dehumidifiers also eliminate gradual property/structural damage.
- Industrial strength high-speed fans are then used to induce evaporation across walls, carpets and furniture.
- There are other methods available for controlling the temperature and humidity of your work or living space, dramatically lowering the inevitable costs of repairing swelling/warping walls, floors, furniture, etc.
- In extreme cases, we are also able to demolish and remove certain materials.